mkclean 0.3.0 is out

Steve Lhomme

Jun 9, 2010, 8:22:37 AM6/9/10
to WebM Discussion, General talk about Matroska and other products
http://www.matroska.org/downloads/mkclean.html

After weeks of various development a new reworked version of mkclean is out. The main change with the 0.2.x version is the reworked remuxer that now put the audio before the matching video Blocks (a requirement for WebM). It can also split laced Blocks so they fit in their corresponding Cluster.

For those who don't understand all these words, it's just better for seeking. You will need to use the "--remux" command-line option.

PS: it now builds fine in XCode (OS X) as well.

antistress

Jun 9, 2010, 10:50:31 AM6/9/10
to WebM Discussion
That tool is really great for WebM : thanks :-)

On 9 juin, 14:22, Steve Lhomme <slho...@matroska.org> wrote:
> http://www.matroska.org/downloads/mkclean.html
>
> After weeks of various development a new reworked version of
> mkclean<http://www.matroska.org/downloads/mkclean.html> is

Dan

Sep 18, 2010, 2:15:26 PM9/18/10
to webm-d...@webmproject.org
Sorry - n00b here.

Having problems with a number of mkv's on a WDTV.

All fix suggestions say to repair headers using mkclean.

I have no experience with either command lines or Xcode.

Any chance you could list instructions?:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/matroska/files/mkclean/

Fyi - I'm using snow leopard.

Thanks

Dan

Steve Lhomme

Sep 19, 2010, 7:18:40 AM9/19/10
to webm-d...@webmproject.org
first you need to build it for OS X, I don't provide binaries for OS X (maybe someday, but I'm planning to get rid of my Mac). Then you will have mkclean and mkWDclean. If you just run "mkWDclean your_file.mkv" that should clean it for the WDTV (and maybe other not so compliant players).

jprokos

Sep 25, 2010, 12:08:06 PM9/25/10
to WebM Discussion
Did you ever have any luck building this on SnowLeopard?

Steve Lhomme

Sep 25, 2010, 12:58:02 PM9/25/10
to webm-discuss
I'm aware of problems building it on Mac. I will fix that this
week-end for the pending 0.6.0 release.