MySif & VP10

phantom....@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2014, 1:13:16 AM9/14/14
to codec...@webmproject.org
Hello,
There is videocodec called MySif. http://mysif.ru/en/index.html
What do you think about it?
If integrate some MySifs tecnologies into VP10 can it increase compression over VP9?

ps:I'm not videocodec expert. And I'm not MySif author.

Михаил Мишуровский

Sep 14, 2014, 1:55:59 AM9/14/14
to codec...@webmproject.org
In my understanding its hard to get key ideas behind this technology.
In the description very are lot of general workds, but they are
nothing behind real technology (it's clear to one who develop real
codecs) So, not to be too over-critic, I would suggest to get more
accurate description (ussually we use block-diagrams, mathematical
equations etc, unless want to write a patent application)

To make it a bit more funny, as VP9 just has been reaching its
maturity point, and VP10 is something really beyond the current
moment, this mistirious algorithms could be considered as a potential
input to a potentially new codec. Everything is too undertermined.

BR, Mikhail

phantom....@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2014, 11:39:21 PM11/28/14
to codec...@webmproject.org, phantom....@gmail.com

Vadim Asadov

Oct 16, 2017, 12:42:52 AM10/16/17
to Codec Developers
Actually it would be hard to do it with VP9 or VP10, but it may work for AV1. Also I've heard new h.266 will try to incorporate psycho visual model (base of SIF Codec)

Disclaimer: I'm investor of SIF Codec project and we are in the middle of development to reach HEVC level as a first target