Does WebM / WebP support geotagging ?

Alexey Eromenko

Jul 27, 2016, 11:57:22 PM7/27/16
to codec...@webmproject.org
geo-tagging is a concept of embedding GPS location into a meta data
section of an image file or video container.

Is it supported by WebM or WebP containers ?

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"

Ibrahim Ng'eno

Jul 28, 2016, 6:59:22 AM7/28/16
to codec...@webmproject.org

I'm curious about something related ... Does the webm container support ... "Generic" Metadata? I mean tags I make up myself?

Pascal Massimino

Jul 29, 2016, 11:17:23 PM7/29/16
to Codec Developers
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 3:59 AM, Ibrahim Ng'eno <eeb...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm curious about something related ... Does the webm container support ... "Generic" Metadata? I mean tags I make up myself?

Regarding WebP:

WebP container has provision for XMP or EXIF metadata chunks [1].
And as a matter of fact, the 'webpmux' tool [2] can extract or write this type of chunks.

hope it helps,
skal/