Correction to VP9 Tile Info Semantics

peter....@argondesign.com

Jul 12, 2017, 10:44:09 AM7/12/17
to Codec Developers
The VP9 specification says in the semantics for tile info 7.2.11:

tile_cols_log2 specifies the base 2 logarithm of the width of each tile
tile_rows_log2 specifies the base 2 logarithm of the height of each tile

I believe these should read:

tile_cols_log2 specifies the base 2 logarithm of the number of tiles across the frame
tile_rows_log2 specifies the base 2 logarithm of the number of tiles down the frame

Peter de Rivaz

Yunqing Wang

Jul 12, 2017, 12:51:47 PM7/12/17
to codec...@webmproject.org, agrange
Hi Peter,

I looked at the spec. I think you are right. That section should be something like:

7.2.11 Tile info semantics
increment_tile_cols_log2 indicates whether the number of column tiles should be increased.
tile_cols_log2 specifies the base 2 logarithm of the number of column tiles used in the frame.
It is a requirement of bitstream conformance that tile_cols_log2 is less than or equal to 6.
increment_tile_rows_log2 indicates whether the number of row tiles should be increased.
tile_rows_log2 specifies the base 2 logarithm of the number of row tiles used in the frame.

Yunqing

Adrian Grange

Jul 12, 2017, 1:22:22 PM7/12/17
to codec...@webmproject.org, Peter de Rivaz
Hi Peter,

I will update the document accordingly. Thanks for letting us know.

Best regards,
Adrian