Libvpx/nextgenv2 experiments merged into AOMedia codebase

Yaowu Xu

Nov 15, 2016, 7:38:35 PM11/15/16
to Codec Developers, hw-d...@webmproject.org, webm-d...@webmproject.org
The WebM team, with help from other members of the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia), has successfully merged all experimental codec work from libvpx/nextgenv2 into the AOMedia codebase, aom/master.

We intend to continue our AV1 codec development work solely in the AOMedia codebase and libvpx/nextgenv2 has been made read-only as of 11/11/2016.

Many of the experiments are undergoing active development and not all of the experiments work together yet. Here is an example config that works using 15 of the merged experiments:

configure --enable-experimental --enable-ref-mv --enable-ext-intra --enable-ext-refs --enable-ext-interp --enable-supertx --enable-var-tx --enable-entropy --enable-ext-inter --enable-ext-tx --enable-motion-var --enable-dual-filter --enable-ext-partition --enable-ext-partition-types --enable-loop-restoration --enable-filter-intra --enable-aom-highbitdepth

Everyone is welcome to download and test the merged codebase.

Please submit any issues you find to the AOMedia issue tracker.

Thanks,
Yaowu Xu
Adrian Grange