Workflow to export animated WebP directly from After Effects?

6.194 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Wilder Wells

ungelesen,
07.06.2022, 20:01:3907.06.22
an WebP Discussion
Hello! we have a batch of animated files created in After Effects, and wondering the best way to convert them directly to animated WebP for highest quality. Can anyone suggest the best way to do this? Thanks!

Vincent Rabaud

ungelesen,
08.06.2022, 08:46:1608.06.22
an WebP Discussion, Wilder Wells
Hi Wilder,

What format are your animated files in exactly ?
If it is a GIF (which we do not recommend as you already lost quality when creating your GIF), you can convert using https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/docs/gif2webp
If your files are independent images, you can use https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/docs/img2webp
Both are available when compiling libwebp from sources as explained here: https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/download

James Zern

ungelesen,
09.06.2022, 15:48:0809.06.22
an WebP Discussion
On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 5:46 AM 'Vincent Rabaud' via WebP Discussion <webp-d...@webmproject.org> wrote:
Hi Wilder,

What format are your animated files in exactly ?
If it is a GIF (which we do not recommend as you already lost quality when creating your GIF), you can convert using https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/docs/gif2webp
If your files are independent images, you can use https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/docs/img2webp
Both are available when compiling libwebp from sources as explained here: https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/download

There's also the Photoshop plugin:
I don't know if this integrates with After Effects, though. Yannis may be able to answer that.

On Wednesday, June 8, 2022 at 2:01:39 AM UTC+2 Wilder Wells wrote:
Hello! we have a batch of animated files created in After Effects, and wondering the best way to convert them directly to animated WebP for highest quality. Can anyone suggest the best way to do this? Thanks!

Yannis Guyon

ungelesen,
09.06.2022, 15:50:0309.06.22
an WebP Discussion, James Zern
I do not know about After Effects but saving as WebP should be available as a Photoshop batch action.

Manjunatha C

ungelesen,
06.08.2022, 12:50:5406.08.22
an WebP Discussion, ygu...@google.com, James Zern
Hi Wilder,

the best way to export Animated webp is to
1. export your file to MOV from Aftereffects
2. use this site
https://ezgif.com/webp-to-jpg
select webp and select Video to webp and concert you will get good quality result to hope this will help you

Thanks

Shahzaib Anwar

ungelesen,
13.09.2022, 05:11:3313.09.22
an WebP Discussion, manjuna...@gmail.com, ygu...@google.com, James Zern
I suggest following  options,

1. Export Mov or Gif
2. Convert that into WebP with https://baichdi.com/image-converter
3. Download the file and use in your own project .

Hope this will help out.

Wilder Wells

ungelesen,
16.09.2022, 18:31:3316.09.22
an WebP Discussion, Shahzaib Anwar, manjuna...@gmail.com, Yannis Guyon, James Zern
🙏 all for the responses - we were able to automate the conversion from gif using ffmpeg. In addition to animated webp, avif was also converted as an option for web - the full set of animated emoji can be viewed at go/animated-emoji - please feel free to use them! More to come early next year.

Best,
Wilder

James Zern

ungelesen,
16.09.2022, 19:24:2216.09.22
an Wilder Wells, WebP Discussion, Shahzaib Anwar, manjuna...@gmail.com, Yannis Guyon
On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 3:31 PM Wilder Wells <wil...@google.com> wrote:
🙏 all for the responses - we were able to automate the conversion from gif using ffmpeg. In addition to animated webp, avif was also converted as an option for web - the full set of animated emoji can be viewed at go/animated-emoji - please feel free to use them! More to come early next year.

Thanks for the update, I'm glad you got something that worked for you. I think the go link won't work for everyone, but the site is public for those who want to have a look: https://googlefonts.github.io/noto-emoji-animation/.
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten