AOM Decoder Problem -- AOM_CODEC_UNSUP_BITSTREAM error

DC Dweller

Mar 8, 2022, 2:14:47 PM3/8/22
to webm-d...@webmproject.org
Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some tech support on the AOM decoder library. I built it on Windows using Visual Studio 2019 and I am trying to use it from the LibHeif library to decode AVIF images. All the images I have tried it with give me the error AOM_CODEC_UNSUP_BITSTREAM. I traced it to this line of code inside the function decoder_peek_si_internal():

    const int frame_marker = aom_rb_read_literal(&rb, 2);
    const BITSTREAM_PROFILE profile = av1_read_profile(&rb);

    if (frame_marker != AOM_FRAME_MARKER) return AOM_CODEC_UNSUP_BITSTREAM;

What's going on here? Can someone please nudge me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

-- Peter

James Zern

Mar 16, 2022, 4:41:49 PM3/16/22
to WebM Discussion, AV1 Discussion
Sorry for the slow reply. What are you passing to the decode call? The full file, one of the boxes or just the av1 frame? If it's the last one then it might be easier if you filed a bug [1] with the file attached so we can take a look.

Out of curiosity, what's the behavior with libavif [2]?

Thanks in advance.

-- Peter