VP9 color space

Brendan Bolles

Aug 7, 2015, 10:18:20 PM8/7/15
to WebM Discussion
How are we to use the color space encoder parameter? On the surface, it seems like it would just put a label in the bitstream, but then I notice if you set it to sRGB, write_bitdepth_colorspace_sampling() expects you use use profile 1, or 3, presumably with 4:4:4 sampling. Is it also expected to be RGB instead of YUV?

So what's the spec?

Brendan

Brendan Bolles

Aug 12, 2015, 2:15:09 PM8/12/15
to webm-d...@webmproject.org
On Aug 7, 2015, at 7:18 PM, Brendan Bolles wrote:

> How are we to use the color space encoder parameter? On the surface, it seems like it would just put a label in the bitstream, but then I notice if you set it to sRGB, write_bitdepth_colorspace_sampling() expects you use use profile 1, or 3, presumably with 4:4:4 sampling. Is it also expected to be RGB instead of YUV?
>
> So what's the spec?

Anybody?