Open Contracting Data Standard - Draft Data Model

Michael Roberts

Jun 25, 2014, 4:37:32 PM6/25/14
to publi...@webfoundation.org

Hi,

This is the first release of the Open Contracting Data Standard for broad consultation. In this release we would like to present our draft Data Model for Public Procurement. It presents a high-level overview of the structure of the Data Standard. This version has been designed for public procurement contracts.

The purpose of this consultation is to obtain feedback from the Open Contracting community on this draft Data Model before creating specific field names, reference lists, and file formats.

You can find links to the Data Model document here: http:ocds.open-contracting.org/standard/

You can share your comments in two ways:

  • inline comments on the document; and

  • the OCDS mailing list - if you have more general comments that don't fit well as inline comments,, then please do join our mailing list and start a discussion with your thoughts.

During the consultation process the document will be continually updated as comments are received until July 15, 2014.

Throughout this document there are specific questions for consultation included, but you are not limited to responding to these questions, we welcome all input you can offer.

The Open Contracting Data Standard is a core product of the Open Contracting Partnership (OCP). Version 1.0 of the standard is being developed for the OCP by the World Wide Web Foundation, through a project supported by The Omidyar Network and the World Bank ».

Cheers,
Michael

---
Michael Roberts
Open Data Technical Manager
@michaeloroberts | mich...@webfoundation.org
World Wide Web Foundation | 1110 Vermont Ave NW, Suite 500, Washington DC, 20005, USA | www.webfoundation.org | Twitter: @webfoundation

Sarah Bird

Jun 26, 2014, 9:18:31 AM6/26/14
to publi...@webfoundation.org
Hi Michael,

This is very exciting, thanks for emailing this out.

The link didn't show up properly for me in your email, so just to clarify it's http://ocds.open-contracting.org/standard/

Sincerely,

Sarah Bird

Sarah Bird
sa...@aptivate.org
skype: birdsarah

Aptivate - Ethical IT for International Development