Anyone riding a Giant Anthem SX 27.5

Archie

Jan 21, 2020, 10:10:28 PM1/21/20
to WCC General Public
I am considering buying a Giant Anthem SX 27.5 but I would really like to give it a quick ride. If there is anyone who has one and is willing to let me borrow it for a quick test ride, I would appreciate it. Frame size sought is Medium.

On the other hand, if anyone who owns a Giant Anthem SX 27.5 can tell me what the ride is like, I would appreciate the information as well. If you can compare it to other bikes like the Giant Anthem 29, that would make my day!

Thanks.

aug...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2020, 5:28:24 PM1/22/20
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
I purchased an Anthem the first year they built the 27. Although I have enjoyed the bike it has different suspension and geometry than the bike your are looking at. The one thing they have in common is that the hey are pedal badgers. You get pedal strikes constantly. I have ridden the bike you are looking at as well as the Anthem 29r from last year. Hands down the 29r is better. If you are riding trails in Ontario you will not regret the 29r.
New bikes are awesome.
Dave
Sent from my iPhone