Thursday Night MTB skills

Ana-Maria Bogatan

Jul 6, 2018, 1:11:22 PM7/6/18
to WCC General Public
We got pretty lucky last night. The rain started after we finished the practice.
Participants: Tabi came out for the first time, a very nice surprise,  Bob, Taryn, Tina, Adam and Scott (his derailleur broke in the first minute so he had to leave).
We are still pumping the track, learn to jump, ride skinnies, lift the front/rear wheel.
See you next week!

Alain Francq

Jul 6, 2018, 5:31:09 PM7/6/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
This is how I imagine Tabi on the pump track. ;)

Adam Glauser

Jul 6, 2018, 6:43:32 PM7/6/18
to WCC General Public
That’s pretty much how <a href=“https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OVULVv-EtfCK97gucGgZqiUSw2eFTeot”>our edits</a> looked Alain. I can hardly tell the difference :p.

tabi.f...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2018, 7:11:06 PM7/6/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
Yup. Another 2 decades and I might have the confidence to let my wheels leave the ground and get a full face helmet.
Adam had the best (and worst, but we won't talk about that one) jump of the night. Glad the best got caught on video.

On 6 July 2018 at 18:43, Adam Glauser <adamg...@gmail.com> wrote:
That’s pretty much how <a href=“https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OVULVv-EtfCK97gucGgZqiUSw2eFTeot”>our edits</a> looked Alain. I can hardly tell the difference :p.

Adam Glauser

Jul 6, 2018, 8:13:00 PM7/6/18
to WCC General Public
I kind of wish that my little crash had been caught on video. Probably would be instructive to see exactly what happened.

On that note, I vaguely recall that there was a club GoPro at one point. Is that true and is it still around?

Alain Francq

Jul 7, 2018, 12:12:54 AM7/7/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
I won a GoPro Hero 5 at Speed River CX last fall.  It's a 1x1 inch cube that can be mounted just about anywhere.  You can use it Adam.

That said, if I can find a MTB (Large or XL) (hint: Adam Poll), I will try to come out next week to see if I can keep up with Anna-The-Great.

Or maybe I will dig up the old 1991 Rocky Mountain.  It's a hardtail on the back...AND the front.  Should make for some entertaining video.

A.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 8:13 PM, Adam Glauser <adamg...@gmail.com> wrote:
I kind of wish that my little crash had been caught on video. Probably would be instructive to see exactly what happened.

On that note, I vaguely recall that there was a club GoPro at one point. Is that true and is it still around?

Ana-Maria Bogatan

robert daniells

Jul 8, 2018, 1:15:24 PM7/8/18
to Ana-Maria Bogatan, general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
This is probably the best place for this discussion. I took a CX ride down to Brantford today and stopped by at the new bike park. It's a pretty special place the pump track is huge and well designed, there are lots of skinnies and jump lines. I should have took pictures but was having too much fun and on a deadline. Definitely worth a weekend road trip at some point.

Jul 8, 2018, 6:22:15 PM7/8/18
to robert daniells, general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
If people can come straight from work maybe we can even go on a Thursday night. If not we can plan a weekend. I would love to go.

Adelio Pereira

Jul 11, 2018, 8:36:33 PM7/11/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
Hi Ana
Do you know if there will be a skills session at McClelland park?
Del

Sent from BlueMail

Ana-Maria Bogatan

Jul 11, 2018, 8:41:09 PM7/11/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
Yes, that's the plan Del. I am going to send an email tomorrow confirming that.

Alain Francq

Jul 11, 2018, 9:09:28 PM7/11/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca

If Del is going.   I’m going.

Prepare for the 1991 Rocky Mountain Equipe to take flight.

A.

Tom Cauduro

Jul 11, 2018, 9:14:18 PM7/11/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
Carolyn and I will be there too!  Looking foward to it!

-Tom

Tom

Adelio Pereira

Jul 11, 2018, 9:23:51 PM7/11/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca

robert daniells

Jul 11, 2018, 9:24:36 PM7/11/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
Aiming to be there as well

Jul 11, 2018, 9:54:33 PM7/11/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
Charging up the GoPro's...and putting on the foil....

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 9:42 PM, Ana-Maria Bogatan <ambo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wow! Big class tomorrow :-)
6:15 but if you are late it's ok. We will be practicing on the pump track, close to the parking lot.
On Wed, Jul 11, 2018, 9:24 PM robert daniells <robert_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Aiming to be there as well

tabi.f...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2018, 10:01:43 PM7/11/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca

Bob Abell

Jul 11, 2018, 11:09:51 PM7/11/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
Ride side by side for more skill...Don't have to ride single file on the pump track  :)