Does any know a good tailor for rain gear?

Adam Glauser

Oct 16, 2018, 9:05:40 AM10/16/18
to WCC General Public
Hi everyone,

I have a Showers Pass rain jacket that I really like. After a number of years, one of the pit zips has split, and I'd like to replace the zipper.

Under normal circumstances I'd try to replace it myself, but I'm not sure I'm quite skilled enough to do a good job on a sealed zipper with taped seams.

Does anyone have a recommendation of someone in town who does repairs on this sort of gear?

tabi.f...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2018, 9:14:17 AM10/16/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
Crown Cleaners at 707 Belmont replaced the zippers on Matt's Arkell panniers. I don't think they'll tape the seams, but they probably have the expertise you're looking for.

Gaelen Merritt

Oct 16, 2018, 9:14:22 AM10/16/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
I had Express Tailor @Bridgeport and Regina do up a new zipper on a vest for me a while back, it was expensive (like more than half the cost of the vest) but was a huge improvement from the crap zipper it came with.

Dawn Frier

Oct 16, 2018, 7:29:50 PM10/16/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
There is a place in the Zehrs plaza at Lincoln and Weber.  Replaced the zipper in my Columbia jacket.  Great work.