Zipp 404 Firecrest Wheelset

Mark Buckaway

Jun 5, 2018, 11:00:09 PM6/5/18
to WCC General Public
I have Zipp 404 Firecrest wheelset available. New XC MTB needed instead.

Zipp 404 Firecrest Wheelset with 23mm Continental Sprinter Tubular tires. 11spd 11-23 crit racing cassette can be included. Hub compatible with 10 or 11spd. This is the real deal and not a chinese knock off. Excellent wheelset for racing crits and road races, or that fast paced club ride.

Wheelset has seen little use....generally crit racing. Never crashed.

Asking $1200 or B.O.

Mark

Michal Pastrik

Jun 6, 2018, 10:32:13 AM6/6/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
Hey Mark!
Wish I had known you were selling these sooner as I was looking for some for the KW Classic! Now I have no more road races to do this season! :(
I reached out to Shelly about crits, she said talk to Brian from ZM Cycle and Sport, he said basically what u said which was do the Midweek races - I’d luv to but since they’re in Mississauga can’t currently make it work in the evening with work and family due to time driving :(
I know some of the guys were saying they will be doing crit training with the club - I can try that and see how comfortable I feel....
so back to your wheels - what can u tell me about them? What did u pay originally? How complicated would they be to put on my bike, do I need any additional parts? I’m technically not “supposed” to get wheels until next season so don’t know if I can swing this with my hubby... but would like to try

Thanks,
Michal Pastrik
p.s my phone is not working or I would have just sent this through messenger instead of email

Gaelen Merritt

robert daniells

Jun 6, 2018, 10:52:37 AM6/6/18
to Gaelen Merritt, general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
Another option is crit racing at the velodrome on Thursdays in Milton. I keep meaning to go but it hasn't worked out with racing weather etc, its not quite every week but the flyer is found below and its pretty cheap although I have no idea of numbers.

As Gaelen said the crit workouts have been awesome in the past, and can pretty much guarantee there will be more even if they are a little adhoc, they are perfect primer for CX season as well.

Jun 6, 2018, 11:10:00 AM6/6/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
The Milton crit is something interesting. 900m loop (or so) and a nasty climb every lap. Great for the bill-goats of the club (ie. Ron Daniels).

However, Milton is about 50-60mins in traffic (55 mins to Kelso last night).

The other option I think everyone forgets about the the LCW runs a Tuesday night race. Road (Circuit) and crit races. All they ask is $40 membership and the races are free. It’s about a hour from north Waterloo….and no traffic. If you’ve ever done the London Crt on the Sovereign course, that is one of the main courses they use. They do a women’s night every now and them. The A race is very fast, and the B race manageable.

http://www.lcw.ca and check the calendar.

I think what Michal was looking for is the WCC crit workout sessions….which aren’t well advertised…

Mark

robert daniells

Jun 6, 2018, 12:02:47 PM6/6/18
to Mark Buckaway, general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
Thanks Mark, sadly I'm no billy goat,this has been confirmed by the juniors this year. The WCC crit workout sessions were always last minute race team organised, hopefully this year we can use both Ride with GPS and the forums to get the word out, although they were pretty well attended last year (more is better).

Jun 6, 2018, 1:39:16 PM6/6/18
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca, Mark Buckaway
Yes, crit practice and season is upon us!  The crit practices will be starting up soon...looking at Wednesday’s after LTGR is completed...and weekend sessions possibly.

Stay tuned.

Thx
Vance

Mark