Recommended bike shop for repair/maitenance?

Dan

Sep 17, 2019, 2:27:53 PM9/17/19
to WCC General Public
Hello!

Recently had the brakes and front tire stolen of my bike, before I go to the first shop listed on google, I want to ask if the more experienced Waterloo/Kitchener/Cambridge cyclists could recommend a reputable place to get those parts replace and the bike fixed up?

Thanks a bunch!
Daniel Whitney

Michael Lynch

Sep 17, 2019, 2:42:08 PM9/17/19
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
I think that you will find that all of the club's sponsors are excellent:
  • Mcphails Cycle and Sport - Waterloo
  • VeloFix - will come to you
  • Grand River Cycle - Cambridge
  • King Street Cycles - Waterloo
  • Ziggy's Cycle and Sport - Kitchener
Ziggy's has done a wonderful job taking care of my family for 34 years.

Mike

Gwyneth Mitchell

Sep 17, 2019, 2:45:22 PM9/17/19
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
I don't have any experience with the others but I would also recommend Ziggy's and also Black Arrow Cycles is a newer place that a good pal of mine owns, and he is a great mechanic!

--
Gwyneth

Gwyneth Mitchell

Sep 17, 2019, 2:45:58 PM9/17/19
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
Also, sorry about your brakes and wheel being stolen!
--
Gwyneth

Kate Morgan

Sep 17, 2019, 5:46:24 PM9/17/19
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
I use velofix and East Side Cycles

Kevin Scheerer

Sep 17, 2019, 6:24:28 PM9/17/19
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
Velofix is amazing, Tim does great work...and he comes to you.
McPhail's is a great shop that does wonderful work.
Ziggy's is great for high end bikes.
Wheels on Peel in New Hamburg is also great.
King Street is also top notch!

All of the shops do great work, but it really comes down to where you are located (except for Velofix) in which shop works for you. Location and the feeling of the shop when you go in. All of the Waterloo region shops are fantastic...but it is your duty to find the one that suits you and your comfort.
Very sorry for the loss...I hope you can find a shop that works for you.
Kev

Brent Doberstein

Sep 17, 2019, 6:40:46 PM9/17/19
to WCC General Public
Hey Daniel,

Before buying new parts, maybe ask WCC members if anyone has secondhand parts that are similar to yours that they'd be willing to sell? Most WCC members have a parts bin, spare wheels, etc, so you may be able to source them cheaply.

If you like that idea just post what was stolen (e.g. Shimano 105 brakes, Mavic 700C X 23 rims, etc).

Dan

Sep 18, 2019, 12:56:13 PM9/18/19
to WCC General Public
Alright Ill do that, thanks!