Trails are starting to firm up

Bill 2012

Mar 30, 2018, 9:24:52 PM3/30/18
to WCC General Public
Today's wind continued to be quite brisk. It probably helped to dry up the trails which are now firming up. Although some were a little soggy and gave us a bit of a power workout, most were quite good. As well, recent rain was keeping down the dust that was becoming quite bad.

This was the first ride in our new culture classification known as "casual". For the list of gravel and road ride cultures that will help everyone find rides to their liking visit the Ride Culture page on our new website. We are still working on MTB if you have any thoughts.

Part of the causal ride culture is to take the time to smell the river,

And collect for a group shot.

There are more photos available in the club Flickr Album if you are interested.

I think Kevin would have been happy with the spirit of today's ride. Although there was only a small amount of new road, we did ride a trail in a direction nobody in the group had ever done. As well, even though next week is the official start of local WCC road rides, some had a few minutes while we were regroup and took the opportunity to weave through some trees in a park to keep the CX skills tuned up.

Bill 2012

Mar 31, 2018, 9:01:42 PM3/31/18
to WCC General Public
Update: It looks like the firm trails we saw yesterday were because they were mostly frozen. Even though yesterday's temperatures were warmer, today's sun melted them and they were a soft sloppy mess.