Bike Insurance...

Karl Spangler

Apr 13, 2021, 3:01:54 PM4/13/21
to WCC General Public
Folks,

Thanks for all your input to my tire question...I have new tires on the way. Next, bike insurance.

What do we have availability to as a club or what have each of you invested in privately? Is it worth it???

Thanks,
Karl Spangler

Hyrum Merino

Apr 13, 2021, 4:42:11 PM4/13/21
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
Your best bet is a rider on your home insurance policy I have one on mine for up to 5000 per bike it’s a couple of dollars a month additional but covers theft and damage even if you do it while riding. I would recommend checking with your home insurer also auto insurer. For some reason they also offer that coverage I only found out because I was hit las year and I had to file the claim through my auto insurance to recoup the cost of the new bike

David Trueman

Apr 13, 2021, 5:33:54 PM4/13/21
to general...@waterloocyclingclub.ca
I got a rider on my home insurance which not only covers $5,000 per bike, it increases coverage per item in the house to $5,000 and first-claim forgiveness i.e. your rates don't go up after a claim. It runs $10 per month.

David Trueman
226-789-0263