ARC systems outage Thursday: urgent datacenter network maintenance

ARC

Aug 10, 2021, 3:54:00 PM8/10/21
to arc_u...@vt.edu
ARC has been alerted that a maintenance period is needed to address some urgent items with the VT datacenter network. This will affect ARC systems\' access to network storage and so we must temporarily halt ARC systems for the duration. This maintenance has been scheduled for

Thursday, August 12 from 04:00 - 07:00AM

ARC systems will be put into a maintenance state starting at 04:00AM on Thursday and regular service will resume as we verify system functionality.

Newly submitted jobs which cannot complete prior to the maintenance will be held in queue until systems are brought back online.

Jobs which are currently running and scheduled to continue running through the maintenance window will be left in place. ARC will not administratively stop them and they may be able to continue. But if you own a currently running job and are concerned about it, please consider resubmitting it to run again after the maintenance.

Helpdesk Tickets: https://www.arc.vt.edu/help
Zoom Office Hours Calendar: https://arc.vt.edu/office-hours/

Regards,
Advanced Research Computing