Training opportunities this week: Unix, Git, Python, R

Advanced Research Computing

Jan 2, 2022, 10:03:20 AM1/2/22
to arc_u...@vt.edu
Hello and Happy New Year!

We're writing to let you know about some training opportunities this week for VT researchers and students which could be helpful for building skills which are foundational for scientific computing.

The VT Libraries organize and sponsor these sessions. Several ARC personnel are certified as Carpentries instructors and participate by teaching or assisting with some of the sessions. They are open to anyone and a limited number of seats are still available here.

These are introductory workshops following the Software Carpentries curriculum and methodologies. We teach with participatory live coding so you will be expected to engage and follow along with the activities on your computer.

Software Carpentry I: Foundations of Unix and Git online with the Virginia Tech University Libraries on Tuesday January 4, 2022, from 9:00-5:00 (EST)!

Software Carpentry II: Programming with Python online with the Virginia Tech University Libraries on Wednesday January 5, 2022, from 9:00-5:00 (EST)!

Software Carpentry II: Programming with R and RStudio online with the Virginia Tech University Libraries on Monday January 10, 2022, from 9:00-5:00 (EST)!

Helpdesk Tickets: https://www.arc.vt.edu/help
Zoom Office Hours Calendar: https://arc.vt.edu/office-hours/

Regards,
Advanced Research Computing