Butler problems... continued

Colleen D

Jul 21, 2022, 1:41:34 PM7/21/22
to viewneo Forum, Jeff Haley
Afternoon,

We appreciate the help we've received and hope that we can beg your patience once again with the next problem we have run into in trying to get our Butler units to work.

We now have access to the units on the CMS, they have been named and we have activation codes. The problem is with the instructions in the Butler Manual that read:

"In the internet browser (Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox, IE etc.) the following IP address must be entered in the address bar of the browser to activate the Butler setup wizard.

Call the IP address in the browser: http://192.168.2.5.

Now you should see the following picture:"

This IP address does nothing but time out. It does not connect no matter which browser we use. Is this the correct IP address? Are we missing something?

I apologize for being such a lost soul in this matter but we're really not seeing another way to go about this except to ask for your help.

Thank you,

Colleen

viewneo support team

Jul 22, 2022, 3:20:45 AM7/22/22
to Colleen D, viewneo forum
Hello Colleen,

Thank you for your message and apologize for having trouble to get this work.

I am pretty sure you are following the instructions of the butler manual which is also written down here:
https://docs.viewneo.com/en/onlinemanuals/butler

In Step 3 you were asked to first connect to the WiFi Hotspot of the Butler itself, f.e. The network name (SSID) is viewneo_butler_xxxx
Only on connected to this network with your selected device (Smartphone or Laptop) you will be able to open the IP (URL) address http://192.168.2.5
to proceed with the setup. To successfully be connected to the WiFi Hotspot of the butler you should be close to the butler (within 5m radius).

I hope this informations help here.

If you have any further questions about this topic, please feel free to contact us again.

Greetings from Duesseldorf
Sebastian
viewneo Support

viewneo Docs
A comprehensive documentation with detailed information and helpful tutorials about our software and hardware can be found in the viewneo docs

viewneo Tube
Discover our YouTube channel with many helpful tutorials, tips and tricks for your daily work with viewneo: viewneo on YouTube

---- On  Thu, 21 Jul 2022 19:41:33 +0200 "Colleen D"<colleen...@gmail.com wrote ----