Zigbee sensors...

Colleen D

Oct 7, 2022, 11:34:56 PM10/7/22
to viewneo Forum
Hello,

Looking for some help with our Butler device and getting it to recognize our Zigbee motion sensors. We purchased THIRDREALITY Zigbee Motion Sensors
based upon the question & answer for the Butler/Hardware page of the website.

Q:  "What devices can I connect to the Butler?"
A:  "The viewneo butler serves as an iOT hub that can connect to a thousand different zigbee-based devices..."

As of today, we have still not gotten the Butler to recognize any device. The Butler is active and searches for both "Actors" and "Sensors" but never actually finds anything. The motion detector instructions say to "connect to the hub", viewneo says the Butler is the hub.

So...
1. Do we have the wrong settings?

2. We needed something to be adjusted on the back end to activate the Butler, do we need the same for the motion sensors?

3. Do we have the wrong motion sensors?

4. Do you have a different sensor that would work on plug in without issue?

5. What are we missing here?

Sorry to be a pain, but we're so frustrated. We believed this would be a simple process and it has taken so much longer than anticipated - and it's still not working.

Please help.

Thanks,
Colleen

viewneo support team

Nov 18, 2022, 2:17:00 AM11/18/22
to Colleen D, viewneo forum
Dear Colleen,

Finally i received a document of the possible devices which are compatible to the viewneo butler as sigbee actors or sensors.
You can find the list HERE

I already tested the "Bitron AV2010/22 Wireless motion detector" and it works fine on the system.

Kind regards
Sebastian
viewneo support

---- Am  Sat, 8 Oct 2022 05:34:56 +0200 "Colleen D"<colleen...@gmail.com schrieb ----

C Dunn

Nov 30, 2022, 1:19:52 AM11/30/22
to viewneo Forum, viewneo support team, viewneo forum, colleen...@gmail.com
Morning Sebastian,

Sorry to start your day like this but we still have not resolved the issues with our Butler. We have purchased 2 Bitron AV2010/22 Wireless motion detectors (as per your suggestion on your last email) and while there was a glimmer of hope that they might pair up, we're still without a working solution. This are the 3rd set of sensors we've tried, all Zigbee and 2 on your recommended list. I've attached screenshots of our attempts to connect and the results.

1. When scanning for devices, 9 times out of 10 we had a "No devices found" result. Twice we got a "1 device found" but when the "OK" button was clicked, there was still nothing listed. The second time a device was found (after 5 negative scans) we waited until the scan counted down to zero, but nothing happened until we clicked the "OK" and still there was nothing registered. After the 2 positive scans, we did a search for the number on the device that was detected, but that also came back with nothing found.
    We checked back a few hours later thinking it may take some time to upload to the system but after 5 hours there is still nothing but the running yellow dots that we've had since the Butler was activated on the dashboard. We have NO yellow dots at our second location (have not tried to pair motions detectors there yet) just "No device found".

2. We're thinking that there must be a setting on your side of things that needs to be adjusted for the devices to show on the Devices dashboard. That's what was done to get our Butlers recognized and now we think it may be the same with the motion detectors. The motion detectors both say they're attached to something (according to their instructions and flashing light signals) we just don't know why they don't show.

Can you please review the attached images and check for issues on your side? We have exhausted every avenue available to us on our side and we're out of ideas.

We look forward to any help you can offer.

Thank you,
Colleen
Butler-screenshot-device-found.pngButler-screenshot-search-results.pngButler-screenshot-2nd-location.png