Stuck at login page

Brian Chen

Nov 20, 2022, 11:07:42 AM11/20/22
to urbit-dev
Hi all

I've been inputting the access key from the +code but it doesn't seem to be working. I also cant change the urbit ID. Can someone tell me what's wrong? Thanks
Untitled11.png

Mark

Nov 20, 2022, 11:56:50 AM11/20/22
to Brian Chen, urbit-dev
The ID field there is the identity of the ship you're trying to access. So you're trying to access ~dev, and need's ~dev code to be able to log into it.

Assuming you're trying to log into your own ship, you may not be pointing to the right endpoint. Perhaps you have a fake ~dev running locally, in which case you may try localhost:8081 (in place of :8080, that being already bound by the fake ~dev), or you're trying dev.urbit.org, which is correctly pointed at the real mainnet ~dev.

~palfun-foslup
https://urbit.org

> On 20 Nov 2022, at 17:07, Brian Chen <brianc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> I've been inputting the access key from the +code but it doesn't seem to be working. I also cant change the urbit ID. Can someone tell me what's wrong? Thanks
> <Untitled11.png>

Brian Chen

Nov 20, 2022, 8:51:44 PM11/20/22
to urbit-dev, ~palfun-foslup, urbit-dev, Brian Chen
Thanks Palfu-foslup

Adding this for more context. I'm running this on a digitalocean droplet and can't seem to access localhost. I am trying to log into my own ship. Would you be able to advise on some resources to change the endpoint? Thanks
Untitled11.png

Habsul Rignyr

Nov 20, 2022, 9:45:45 PM11/20/22
to Brian Chen, urbit-dev, ~palfun-foslup
Hi Brian,

People here are happy to help you but you're on the Urbit developer email list so probably not going to get immediate feedback.  If you want help setting up a ship there is a Discord that specializes in that:

https://discord.gg/u7vfT2wh