[ANNOUNCE] vere-v2.7

Pyry Kovanen

May 30, 2023, 1:42:41 PM5/30/23
to urbit-dev
Description

This release features demand paging, significantly reducing memory usage for all ships.

What's Changed

Full Changelogvere-v2.6...vere-v2.7

Pyry Kovanen

Jun 1, 2023, 12:47:20 PM6/1/23
to urbit-dev, Pyry Kovanen
We have detected a regression with vere-v2.7 effecting users running many ships on a single memory-constrained machine, most commonly reproduced by hosting providers. This issue appears as a large increase in disk reads when compared to a similar setup on vere-v2.6. Disabling demand paging with the --no-demand command line flag does not resolve the problem. A temporary workaround is to downgrade to vere-v2.6. We are working on a fix and will release it as soon as possible.