[ANNOUNCE] %groups and %talk v2.7.0

~rilfun-lidlen

Feb 22, 2023, 2:56:29 PM2/22/23
to urbit-dev
Tlon will be releasing a over-the-air (OTA) updates tomorrow (~2022.2.23) for Groups and Talk. This release adds Leap, includes a minimally-viable CLI client for Talk, and addresses several UX pain points.

- Adds navigational Leap capability in Talk and Groups, accessible via Ctrl/Cmd-k, closable with Esc
- Adds a minimally-viable CLI client for Talk, accessible in Terminal via `|start %talk %talk-cli` followed by `|link %talk-cli`
- Adds support for notification content in Small Talk
- Adds the ability to bulk-invite ships to a group by copying and pasting a comma-separated list of @ps
- Adds notifications scoped to individual groups
- Adds confirmation dialogs for all destructive actions (deleting items, kicking/banning users, etc.)
- Adds the ability to "reply" to a message in Chat, recreating the quote-reference pattern from Groups 1
- Adds a persistent Help and Support floating action button to Groups and Talk
- Adds delete, react, and copy-reference actions to Gallery comments
- Adds draft support for Chat messages to prevent input wiping between navigation states
- Adds suggested groups in Find Groups
- Adds an empty-state placeholder for the Groups sidebar
- Improves the performance of the Chat scroll and restores scroll-to-position functionality
- Improves the appearance of notifications in Groups
- Improves the invitation input in the final step of the group creation flow
- Improves optimistic rendering of sent DMs
- Improves first-run experience by routing to Find Groups by default
- Fixes authentication to work with the new cookie scheme in Urbit OS
- Fixes an issue where fresh ships would fail a permissions check when joining a channel
- Fixes an issue where setting a color in a profile that started with 0 in the hex value would result in an unexpected, different color
- Fixes an issue where joining a group from a reference was impossible
- Fixes an issue where unread markers in the Groups sidebar would eventually stop updating
- Fixes an issue where creating new DMs in Safari would fail if localStorage errored
- Fixes an issue where adding more than a few Pinned Groups in the sidebar would make the scrollable list of All Groups unusably short
- Fixes an issue where Notebook comments would appear out of order
- Fixes an issue where a "Reject" button would appear on references to groups you have joined
- Fixes an issue where channel hosts could be kicked and group hosts could be banned from a group
- Fixes an issue where block content could be added to a list in a Notebook post
- Fixes an issue where multiple image blocks in Notebook posts would use the same URL
- Fixes an issue where the unread blue dot of a group would show if notifications emanating from that group hadn't been read

More details on GitHub: https://github.com/tloncorp/landscape-apps/releases/tag/v2.7.0

~rilfun-lidlen

Feb 23, 2023, 11:54:08 AM2/23/23
to urbit-dev, ~rilfun-lidlen
These have been released and are making their way across the network.

groups: 0v1r.pve3l.d4v4v.c127n.0dd4l.a8e0v.hug5c.5oru2.el3no.8bp4b.vivfu
talk: 0vc.2na28.2o1v9.cr1ma.ogp1a.ijgvp.q3mrd.ur623.denhh.3mq30.18od3

Jack Fox

Feb 24, 2023, 1:13:07 PM2/24/23
to urbit-dev, ~rilfun-lidlen
While my planet has successfully updated to the most recent %base, %groups, and %talk hashes, my comets are only updating the %base desk from ~def/%kids.

My comets are getting %groups and %talk desks from ~sogryp-dister-dozzod-dozzod which apparently has not updated, or it is balking at installing for comets that are not very active, which I think is a recent "feature". How can I force the update for comets?

Jack Fox

Feb 24, 2023, 1:57:22 PM2/24/23
to urbit-dev, Jack Fox, ~rilfun-lidlen
I have the same problem with a moon of my planet. Also trying to download %groups and %talk from the same ship. I thought moons got updates from their parents.

John Franklin

Feb 25, 2023, 1:12:03 AM2/25/23
to urbit-dev, Jack Fox, ~rilfun-lidlen
I did `|hi ~sogryp-dister-dozzod-dozzod` from two different planets, one that has updated to 2.7.0 and one that hasn't.
They're both waiting for a response (30 mins), so it seems that ~sogryp-dister-dozzod-dozzod is down, or busy.

~rilfun-lidlen

Feb 27, 2023, 12:30:27 PM2/27/23
to urbit-dev, John Franklin, Jack Fox, ~rilfun-lidlen
~sogryp-dister-dozzod-dozzod was down over the weekend; your ship(s) should be getting v2.7.1 of both desks shortly.