[ANNOUNCE] urbit-os-v1.0.57

Mark

Oct 5, 2020, 6:34:29 PMOct 5
to urbit-dev
urbit-os-v1.0.57

This release will be pushed to the network as an over-the-air update.

Base hash (check with +trouble):

0vl.9h0dn.598eu.2q9rt.qnesu.r0no0.beuoc.fop5s.ugpa5.lage8.84sem

Release notes:

- Adds minimal CORS handling support to Eyre, letting foreign Origins
(in browser contexts) send HTTP requests to your urbit, if you let
them.
+cors-registry to view the current status.
|cors-approve 'some-origin' to permit and handle CORS requests coming
from some-origin.
|cors-reject 'some-origin' to ignore (and thus deny) CORS request
coming from some-origin.

Contributions:

Fang (3):
eyre: minimal CORS support
helm: add cors registry management generators
hood: welp cards

~palfun-foslup
https://urbit.org

Mark

Oct 5, 2020, 6:38:05 PMOct 5
to urbit-dev
(For those wondering what happened to all the other work on release/next-sys: it's going out soon! But CORS is very useful for hosting-related tooling, so we want to get this out sooner rather than later.)

~palfun-foslup
https://urbit.org