[ANNOUNCE] %groups and %talk v4.5.1

~rilfun-lidlen

Sep 19, 2023, 1:49:31 PM9/19/23
to urbit-dev
Tlon will release an over-the-air (OTA) update for %groups and %talk today, ~2023.9.19. This hotfix release resolves multiple mobile app issues, including crashes, link parsing, and UI glitches.

- Fixes an issue where links in Galleries were not correctly parsed and would appear as text when posted.
- Fixes a crashing bug on iOS when taking a photo to share directly to a channel (as opposed to uploading from the Camera Roll).
- Fixes padding issues in the Groups native mobile application in the Settings, About, and New DM views.
- Fixes an issue where tapping "View Profile" in the Members view on mobile would route to a blank screen.
- Fixes an issue in Profiles on mobile where tapping "Message" would open a new browser window.

John Franklin

Sep 21, 2023, 11:51:59 PM9/21/23
to urbit-dev, ~rilfun-lidlen
What's the distro ship?

```
-read %z ~sogryp-dister-dozzod-dozzod %groups da+now /
0v8.ki1qn.pvpsb.5v4kp.p27j8.lm94t.s8qi1.haf8b.rg7fs.r4re5.a3esd

-read %z ~sogryp-dister-dozzod-dozzod %talk da+now /
0v14.93q5q.dn0g6.fhahs.de0f7.rs6md.43dnl.uafsl.nspq3.adnjj.e7egt
```

These are still the hashes of v4.5.0 that was released a few days ago.

James Acklin

Sep 22, 2023, 7:46:21 AM9/22/23
to John Franklin, urbit-dev
Thanks for the heads-up. ~sogryp-dister-dozzod-dozzod was at its memory limit; we packed and melded a day or so ago and that may have interrupted the OTA process.

Redeploying now; we'll investigate if it's clogged further.

~rilfun-lidlen
https://tlon.io/