Vetting process question

Grzegorz Kulik

Jun 20, 2023, 10:46:01 AM6/20/23
to CLDR Users Public Mail List
Hello,

I have to admit I'm feeling somewhat frustrated here because it's the second time I'm typing this message as I sent the first one throug Google Groups and it just disappeared, so bear with me, please.

I'm head of Silling and we take care of keeping the Silesian language (ISO code: szl) in the new techologies. I've been trying to get the Silesian values approved to no avail. According to this page:

https://cldr.unicode.org/index/process

four votes are necessary for a value to get approved and a vetter with the level "Guest Vetter" has exactly one vote. I brought four vetters, they voted, and nothing happened, although I saw there were values with four votes in the Survey Tool.

How so? Am I misinterpreting something? Please, help me out because it looks bizarre when we tell people to use software in Silesian and instead of a month name they see eg. "M06".

Thank you in advance.

Best
Greg

Grzegorz Kulik

Jun 20, 2023, 4:03:08 PM6/20/23
to Steven R. Loomis, cldr-...@unicode.org
I'm sending this again just in case because I got a return message from the mail server that the cldr-...@corp.unicode.org address didn't exist. If anyone got this twice, please disregard it and I apologise for the inconvenience.

---

Thank you very much for your help, Steven. I did everything according to your directions and I hope everything will be fine now. With the rest of the locale I'll wait until the requirements are changed. I've subscribed to the issue on Atlassian to get updates about it. Fingers crossed!

Best
Greg

We wto, 20.06.2023 ô godzinie 11∶50 -0500, Steven R. Loomis pisze:
Grzegorz,

 I did get your message. and I’ve copied my reply below.

You actually don’t need ‘approved’ to progress the language.

Under the ticket I mentioned, Silesian would automatically be upgraded.

Can you do this:

1. log into the Survey Tool
2.  go to the coverage menu and choose Basic (see picture) PastedGraphic-1.png

3. click on the Open Dashboard button or the Dashboard menu on the left hand side PastedGraphic-2.pngPastedGraphic-3.png

4. make sure that at least ONE person has voted for the correct value for ALL of the items listed in the dashboard list. . Looks like 62 or so.

Let me know if you have questions or issues. Thanks.

 PastedGraphic-4.png

--
Steven R. Loomis
Code Hive Tx, LLC

From: "Steven R. Loomis" <srl...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Need help to understand the vetting process
Date: June 20, 2023 at 10:00:22 AM CDT
To: Grzegorz Kulik <gregor...@gmail.com>
Cc: CLDR Users Public Mail List <cldr-...@unicode.org>

Please take a look at https://unicode-org.atlassian.net/browse/CLDR-16612 — it’s a topic we are actively discussing and working on.

Adding more voters doesn’t help here.  But we are planning on changing some policies.

meanwhile, the best is to work on adding any new items needed.