Grouping and decimal separators class for mn_Mong_MN

Edward Welbourne

Jul 27, 2023, 11:58:28 AM7/27/23
to cldr-...@unicode.org
Hi CLDR folks,

I'm just looking at upgrading to v43 and trip over (because my scripts
check for this sort of thing) the fact that, in
numbers/symbols[numberSystem="latn"],

* mn_Mong_MN.xml overrides decimal, albeit draft="contributed", to a
comma - but doesn't override group,
* mn_Mong.xml doesn't mess with numbers/symbols
* mn.xml gives decimal as dot and group as comma

Unless I'm missing something, this means mn_Mong_MN is (at least
according to the given contributor) using comma for both decimal and
grouping separator. That sounds painfully ambiguous.

What's the fuller story here ?

Eddy.

Mark Davis Ⓤ

Jul 27, 2023, 7:47:10 PM7/27/23
to Edward Welbourne, cldr-...@unicode.org
That should be caught by a test. Can you file a ticket for that?