Wordfence settings addendum and UNCG WordPress theme update

Brook Tester

Mar 21, 2014, 10:02:27 AM3/21/14
to uwd...@uncg.edu
Wordfence Settings Addendum

The recommended Wordfence settings sent out earlier this week in response to the DDOS pingback attacks have been slightly modified. Wordfence is not identifying our onsite Google Search Appliances as verified Google crawlers and is treating them as any other crawler.

As a result, you will need to whitelist their ip addresses( 152.13.13.242,152.13.13.246 ). This can be done via the Wordfence Options by pasting the ip addresses in the Whitelisted IP addresses that bypass all rules: text box.

WordPress Theme Update

Version 2.3.1 of the University WordPress theme has been released. This theme clears up some browser warnings that were introduced when the Show Header Image option on the post editor was added in the previous version. WordPress should prompt you to update within the next few days or you may download v2.3.1 directly from the IOC website.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding these items,
Brook