A User-Friendly and Scalable Package for Nonconvex Optimization in Machine Learning

Buyun Liang

Feb 27, 2022, 12:12:59 PM2/27/22
to NCVX PyGRANSO Forum
Dear all,

Welcome to the NCVX PyGRANSO Forum! We're glad to let you know our recent software package NCVX (NonConVeX), which is a user-friendly and scalable python software package targeting general nonsmooth NCVX problems with nonsmooth constraints.

The initial release of NCVX contains the solver PyGRANSO, a PyTorch-enabled port of GRANSO incorporating auto-differentiation, GPU acceleration, tensor input, and support for new QP solvers. As a highlight, PyGRANSO can solve general constrained deep learning problems, the first of its kind.

Our NCVX package (together with PyGRANSO ver 1.1.0) is available at the GitHub repository https://github.com/sun-umn/NCVX and https://github.com/sun-umn/PyGRANSO, along with a documentation website https://ncvx.org. A quick summary is available at https://arxiv.org/abs/2111.13984.

We are always looking for contributors and collaborators. Please let us know if you would like to join us.

Best,
Buyun