Next week: Li Wang, 28-Nov-23, 12:20pm Central

Ellad Tadmor

Nov 21, 2023, 3:54:31 AM11/21/23
to aem-solid...@umn.edu
AEM Mechanics Research Seminar

Tuesday 28-Nov-2023, 12:20pm Central

Prof. Li Wang
Associate Professor, School of Mathematics, University of Minnesota

Title:  From Interacting Particle System to Kinetic Theory and Back

Abstract: In this talk, I will discuss two connections between particle systems and kinetic theory. On one hand, kinetic theory plays a vital role in characterizing the collective dynamics of interacting particle systems, offering a computationally efficient model. On the other hand, particle methods have seen a resurgence in solving kinetic equations, especially for its potential in high-dimensional settings. I invite you to join me in uncovering the intriguing synergy between molecular dynamics and particle dynamics, all interconnected through the kinetic equations.

For more information, visit the AEM Mechanics Research Seminar website:

---
Ellad B. Tadmor, Ph.D.
Russell J. Penrose Professor
Department of Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
University of Minnesota
https://dept.aem.umn.edu/~tadmor/

Ellad Tadmor