WinError 10054 when retrieving soils data

Kurt Stegemiller

Aug 9, 2021, 11:38:34 AM8/9/21
to ACPF Forum
I am trying to run ACPF on a set of 11 HUC12s in east central Indiana (all 11 subwatersheds of the HUC10 0512020101).

I created 11 separate projects for these and was trying to keep all the projects at relatively the same stage while creating a framework.

For the first 3, I had no issues getting all of the utility tools to run (Get ACPF Soils Data, NASS CDL, etc). SSURGO data imported just fine and I was able to carry on through all of the steps specified on the "build your own ACPF database" page.

I then took about a week away from this project as a more pressing project came up, and when I returned to the ACPF work, the exact same workflow which was functioning previously no longer works.

When I try to run the "Get ACPF Soils Data" tool, it returns WinError 10054.
I even tried opening back up one of the projects in which the tool already ran successfully and running it again with the same inputs, and that no longer works either.

The full error message I receive is:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\ACPF\ACPF_V3_Pro04202021\Scripts\Utilities\getSSURGO_2020pro.py", line 354, in <module> outTemp = getSoilsRaster(bBox,cSize) File "C:\ACPF\ACPF_V3_Pro04202021\Scripts\Utilities\getSSURGO_2020pro.py", line 100, in getSoilsRaster local.write(urlopen(req, context=ctx).read()) File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 222, in urlopen return opener.open(url, data, timeout) File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 525, in open response = self._open(req, data) File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 543, in _open '_open', req) File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 503, in _call_chain result = func(*args) File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 1393, in https_open context=self._context, check_hostname=self._check_hostname) File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\urllib\request.py", line 1353, in do_open r = h.getresponse() File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\http\client.py", line 1369, in getresponse response.begin() File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\http\client.py", line 310, in begin version, status, reason = self._read_status() File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\http\client.py", line 271, in _read_status line = str(self.fp.readline(_MAXLINE + 1), "iso-8859-1") File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\socket.py", line 589, in readinto return self._sock.recv_into(b) File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\ssl.py", line 1071, in recv_into return self.read(nbytes, buffer) File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\Lib\ssl.py", line 929, in read return self._sslobj.read(len, buffer)
 ConnectionResetError: [WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote hostFailed to execute (acpfGetgSSURGO).

Does anyone have any guidance for this issue? Am I overlooking something?

Thanks.

Obrecht, Joshua D [IDRO]

Aug 9, 2021, 12:51:10 PM8/9/21
to Kurt Stegemiller, ACPF Forum, McNeely, Robin L [DSN]

Kurt

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We performed some server maintenance late last week that due to some issues, has carried over into this week. This should be resolved in the next day or two.

Josh Obrecht, GISP

GIS Support and Research Facility

Iowa State University

213 Durham Center

613 Morrill Rd

Ames, IA  50011

515-294-6990

jobr...@iastate.edu

--
The ACPF Forum is an online group for discussing technical issues related to using the ACPF tools. Anyone can view the discussions at https://groups.google.com/a/umn.edu/d/forum/acpf-group. Only members can participate in discussions. Join the group by sending an email to acpf-group...@umn.edu
---

James, David

Aug 19, 2021, 12:07:55 PM8/19/21
to Obrecht, Joshua D [IDRO], Kurt Stegemiller, ACPF Forum, McNeely, Robin L [DSN]
This issue has been resolved.

DAve

David James

USDA/ARS National Laboratory for Agriculture

   and the Environment

1015 N. University Blvd., Ames, Iowa 50011

Work: (515) 294-6858 Cell: (515) 451-5304

davide...@usda.gov