traceback error - cutting tool

Innisfree McKinnon

Nov 10, 2022, 4:21:03 PM11/10/22
to ACPF Forum
Hi,
Does anyone have any idea why we are getting a traceback error when running the cutting tool?
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\ebbenb1645\Documents\ArcGIS\Projects\ACPF_Ben\ACPF_V4_Pro_09012022\ACPF_V4_Pro_09012022\Scripts\ManualCutterDamBuilderP4.py", line 195, in <module>
    NewDEM = ManualCutter(DEM)
  File "C:\Users\ebbenb1645\Documents\ArcGIS\Projects\ACPF_Ben\ACPF_V4_Pro_09012022\ACPF_V4_Pro_09012022\Scripts\ManualCutterDamBuilderP4.py", line 104, in ManualCutter
    arcpy.CopyRaster_management(NewDEM_cut, NewDEM, "", 0, 0)
  File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\management.py", line 19116, in CopyRaster
    raise e
  File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\management.py", line 19113, in CopyRaster
    retval = convertArcObjectToPythonObject(gp.CopyRaster_management(*gp_fixargs((in_raster, out_rasterdataset, config_keyword, background_value, nodata_value, onebit_to_eightbit, colormap_to_RGB, pixel_type, scale_pixel_value, RGB_to_Colormap, format, transform, process_as_multidimensional, build_multidimensional_transpose), True)))
  File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\geoprocessing\_base.py", line 512, in

David James

Nov 14, 2022, 3:09:09 PM11/14/22
to Innisfree McKinnon, ACPF Forum
Hi
Can you provide the platform you  are using here?

Dave James

--
The ACPF Forum is an online group for discussing technical issues related to using the ACPF tools. Anyone can view the discussions at https://groups.google.com/a/umn.edu/d/forum/acpf-group. Only members can participate in discussions. Join the group by sending an email to acpf-group...@umn.edu
---

Innisfree McKinnon

Nov 17, 2022, 3:38:45 PM11/17/22
to ACPF Forum, deja...@gmail.com, ACPF Forum, Innisfree McKinnon
Its ArcPro 3.0. The other person running the tool on a different watershed is not having an error.
Should we be running an earlier version to be safe?
thanks,
Innisfree

David James

Nov 17, 2022, 4:11:03 PM11/17/22
to Innisfree McKinnon, ACPF Forum
Hi
Yes, Pro 3.0. We have not completed a full evaluation of the ACPF software at Pro 3.0. I would be interested in hearing from you if you were able to try this in Pro 2.x. I can tell you that the CopyRaster command has been a thorn in our sides for a while. I am not sure why this is the case. I will try to do some testing here as well.

Dave

Innisfree McKinnon

Nov 17, 2022, 4:46:19 PM11/17/22
to ACPF Forum, deja...@gmail.com, ACPF Forum, Innisfree McKinnon
I'm also wondering if the problem might be the size of the HUC 12? I just can't figure out why two people working through the process together and one is getting this error and the other the tool runs just fine. Same lab computers so settings should be the same.
Unfortunately the IT department is not going to be happy if I ask them to rollback the version. :(