tiny nonsensical catchments (tool 2c running in Pro)

Amelie Davis

Sep 14, 2022, 5:58:51 PM9/14/22
to ACPF Forum
Any ideas about why I would end up with many small (nonsensical) catchments after running the 2c Stream Reach and Catchment tool?  I'm using Pro 2.8. and v4 of the toolbox.

David James

Sep 14, 2022, 6:14:33 PM9/14/22
to Amelie Davis, ACPF Forum
Amelie
I would check the integrity of the segments you submitted to create the streamreach. Sometimes very small Stubb's have been coded to be streams. Or there may be small segments that have not been assigned the correct stream_type value in order to create a contiguous stream. Zoom in close to some of the confluence points to examine.

Dave James

--
The ACPF Forum is an online group for discussing technical issues related to using the ACPF tools. Anyone can view the discussions at https://groups.google.com/a/umn.edu/d/forum/acpf-group. Only members can participate in discussions. Join the group by sending an email to acpf-group...@umn.edu
---

Amelie Davis

Sep 14, 2022, 10:53:36 PM9/14/22
to ACPF Forum, deja...@gmail.com, ACPF Forum, Amelie Davis
OK. Thank you. It seems I hadn't added enough cuts.
Sincerely,
Amelie