Manual Cutter and Dam Builder - Arc Map crashes

Agnieszka Marchlewska

Jan 15, 2021, 7:30:20 PMJan 15
to ACPF Forum
Hello,
I am trying to figure out what causes my Arc Map to crash every time when I re-run the Manual Cutter and Dam Builder tool. I was able to successfully run this tool once and after checking my outputs I updated my cuts and dams and re-run the tool using the original DEM. I have done in it the geodatabase, in the separate session, on disk C, on the external disk, and every time my ArcMap crashes. I use the 10.7 ArcMap Desktop. Anyone had this problem?
Thank you,
Agnes

Christian Bower

Feb 17, 2021, 10:38:14 AMFeb 17
to ACPF Forum, amarch...@gmail.com
Hello Everyone,

I am having a similar problem with the Manual Cutter and Dam Builder tool. Like Agnes I am working in a file geodatabase, on my C drive, with ArcMap Desktop 10.7; the only difference is I have not been able to get the tool to run successfully at all. I've tried running it several times and even let it go overnight, but no luck. It seems to be crashing when the dialog window displays "New DEM created with altered elevation values" as the last line of script.

Has anyone come across this and found a solution? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Christian

Christian Bower

Feb 17, 2021, 11:45:36 AMFeb 17
to ACPF Forum, Christian Bower, amarch...@gmail.com
Attached is a screenshot of tool dialog window. Some other information that may be useful: I am using a DTM that I resampled to 1m cell size (was around 0.36m originally), and converted z-values to integerized cm. The DTM is ~154ac in total area. And I have enabled overwriting outputs in the geoprocessing options as well as enabled background processing.
Screenshot2_17_21.png