FiNRT Help

Adam Rupe

Feb 27, 2023, 10:58:25 AM2/27/23
to ACPF Forum

Hello,

Could someone help me interperate results from FiNRT?

Before I process data for project watershed, I wanted to compare the results of my practice runs with FiNRT using the Iowa watershed demo (Big Creek) against the results published in Bravard et al. 2022 (which I also believe are the same results provided in the user manual?)… Unfortunately, I’m finding some differences.

https://acpf4watersheds.org/files/2022/06/Bravard-et-al.-2022-JEQ.pdf

It appears that the number of BMPs, fields with BMPs, and land removed from cultivation are the same between my work and the example. However, nitrate reduction numbers and costs are varying slightly.

Are these differences due to “when” FiNRT is ran? I’m assuming that the example watershed was ran in 2021, but I’m completing my work in late 2022/early 2023 – thus FiNRT is pulling updated crop rotation (and related nitrogen application rates) and land values/costs from updated databases? Or perhaps I made a mistake in my modeling, or there is another reason? Any insight you can provide would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thank you!!