New ACPF Toolbox - bug fixes and enhancements

David James

Jun 11, 2020, 4:43:26 PM6/11/20
to ACPF Forum

We recently discovered an error in one of the Utility scripts. If you had downloaded the new toolbox recently, please replace it with the one now available. This applies to both Desktop and Pro versions.

There have also been changes to ArcGIS Desktop 10.8 and ArcGIS Pro 2.5 that have caused us to implement several fixes to the ACPF toolbox. These are minor but necessary changes to the Riparian Function Assessment and Get ACPF Soils tools.

We have also enhanced several tools...

  • Changed the NRCSwidth and Bufferwidth fields in the Ripartain Function table to integer.
  • Modified the Pit Fill/Hole Pinch DEM conditioning tool to increase processing speed.

We encourage all to download the new toolboxes to ensure successful processing. Please let us know if you have any issues.

Bkré Bgfi

Jun 15, 2020, 4:04:07 AM6/15/20
to ACPF Forum
Modified the Pit Fill/Hole Pinch DEM conditioning tool to increase processing speed.

Hello,
I downloaded the new ACPF version.
The DEM: PIT FILL/HOLE process is successful, but there is no result in output.
 I want to smooth a DEM by filling in holes

Thank you for your help
bug-pitfill.PNG

Lindsay Olson

Jun 15, 2020, 9:43:04 AM6/15/20
to ACPF Forum
Hello,

I am having this same issue Bkré Bgfi. The geoprocessing result for the DEM: Pit Fill / Hole Punch too says it was successful and that there is an output, however there is nothing added to the map or located in the geodatabase, and nothing appears after clicking "Add to Display" on the output. It also only takes 30 seconds to run.

Lindsay Olson

James, David

Jun 15, 2020, 10:05:09 AM6/15/20
to Lindsay Olson, ACPF Forum
Dang...I thought I had this fixed.

Lindsay...can you describe the data, fgdb, inout dem etc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David James

USDA/ARS National Laboratory for Agriculture

   and the Environment

1015 N. University Blvd., Ames, Iowa 50011

Work: (515) 294-6858 Cell: (515) 451-5304

davide...@usda.gov

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jun 15, 2020, 10:21:12 AM6/15/20
to acpf-...@umn.edu, lolso...@gmail.com, davide...@usda.gov
Hi David,,

Below are my geoprocessing results. I followed recommended naming conventions and the data and scratch workspace are on my local drive. I am using the fgdb that came with the downloaded data for my watershed from the ACPF data server. The input is a LiDAR-derived DEM that I resampled to 1m x 1m resolution with Z-units in cm, projected to UTM Zone 15N as with the rest of my ACPF data. Using ArcGIS 10.8.

The ACPF Forum is an online group for discussing technical issues related to using the ACPF tools. Anyone can view the discussions at https://groups.google.com/a/umn.edu/d/forum/acpf-group. Only members can participate in discussions. Join the group by sending an email to acpf-...@umn.edu

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ACPF Forum" group.

James, David

Jun 15, 2020, 10:34:27 AM6/15/20
to Lindsay Olson, ACPF Forum
Lindsay
Please check to see what format your DEM is in. If your are using cm Z-values, then the DEM raster should be an integer format. The error message suggests that the DEM  is in float.

Dave