Re: [ACPF Forum] Issue with Drainage Water Management tool

David James

Dec 9, 2021, 10:28:42 PM12/9/21
to Kurt Stegemiller, ACPF Forum
Kurt
Take a look at the watershed. Is it possible that there would be no areas that meet the criteria for drainage water management? How many tile-drained fields were identified with the tile drainage tool?

The tool fails on getCount

mgmt_fields = int(arcpy.GetCount_management(DrainageMgmt).getOutput(0))

Dave JAmes

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 1:32 PM Kurt Stegemiller <tnlkste...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I am running ACPF on a set of 11 HUC12s which comprise the HUC10 0512020101 in East Central Indiana.
I have been working each of the 11 projects through the same workflow side-by-side, so that each is always at the same stage in the process, and so that the workflow remains consistent between projects.

Last week, I ran the "Drainage Water Management" tool on my first project, and it worked as expected.
Today, I tried to run the same tool on projects #2 and #3 -- it runs for approx. 20 minutes before returning the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\ACPF\ACPFBackups\ACPF_V3Pro_09142021\Scripts\ControlledDrainage.py", line 282, in <module>
    ControlledDrainage(FBIn, OutDrainageMgmt, DrainageTable, DEM)
  File "C:\ACPF\ACPFBackups\ACPF_V3Pro_09142021\Scripts\ControlledDrainage.py", line 210, in ControlledDrainage
    mgmt_fields = int(arcpy.GetCount_management(DrainageMgmt).getOutput(0))
  File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\management.py", line 21318, in GetCount
    raise e
  File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\management.py", line 21315, in GetCount
    retval = convertArcObjectToPythonObject(gp.GetCount_management(*gp_fixargs((in_rows,), True)))
  File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\geoprocessing\_base.py", line 512, in <lambda>
    return lambda *args: val(*gp_fixargs(args, True))
arcgisscripting.ExecuteError: Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid.
 ERROR 000732: Input Rows: Dataset DrainageMgmt does not exist or is not supported
Failed to execute (GetCount).

I have tried a few quick workarounds -- restart program, restart computer, slight alterations of parameters, change to a shorter file path, create "DrainageMgmt" feature class before running tool (didn't really expect this to help)... etc.

Tool continues to return the same error.

It's entirely likely that I'm making an obvious oversight or doing something wrong...
Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

--
The ACPF Forum is an online group for discussing technical issues related to using the ACPF tools. Anyone can view the discussions at https://groups.google.com/a/umn.edu/d/forum/acpf-group. Only members can participate in discussions. Join the group by sending an email to acpf-group...@umn.edu
---