CFCUL > 16 Jul > Lisbon AI Seminar #11 > Gloria Andrada: "AI face filters, perception and mirror gazing"

CFCUL Comunica

Jul 9, 2024, 9:34:28 AM (7 days ago) Jul 9
to lek...@uevora.pt

CENTRO DE FILOSOFIA DAS CIÊNCIAS DA UNIVERSIDADE DE LISBOA (CFCUL)

Lisbon AI Seminar #11

16 Jul 2024, 10:30 (Lisbon time)

Ciências ULisboa, Room  8.2.14 & Zoom

"AI face filters, perception and mirror gazing"

Gloria Andrada (IFILNOVA)

Abstract

AI face filters are automated photo editing tools that use artificial intelligence and computer vision to detect facial features and change them. Widespread use of these filters has raised concern due to their potentially damaging psychological effects, especially in relation to body image and self-perception. In this talk, I examine different effects (both positive and negative) that interacting with AI beauty filters can have on self-perception, and in particular, mirror gazing. I also examine some potential effects of this practice in the perception of others.

Organization

Klaus Gärtner, Paulo Castro, João Luís Cordovil (CFCUL/RG2)

Info & Zoom link

https://cfcul.ciencias.ulisboa.pt/reunioes/lisbon-ai-seminar-11-ai-face-filters-perception-and-mirror-gazing

Venue

Room 8.2.14

Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa

Building C8, Floor 2

Campo Grande, Lisbon

Contact

cfculc...@fc.ul.pt

Silvia Di Marco, PhD
Comunicação e Projectos
Communication and Projects
cfcul.ciencias.ulisboa.pt/
cfculc...@fc.ul.pt
(+351) 217 500 365 // (+351) 217 500 000 Ext. 24324
Campo Grande, Edifício C4, Sala 4.3.24, 1749-016 Lisboa, Portugal