Position - Digital Water Engineer

jon....@imdc.be

Jun 30, 2024, 3:04:34 PM (3 days ago) Jun 30
to coasta...@udel.edu

Dear colleagues,

IMDC is an international consultancy providing advice on the development and management of water-related projects in the offshore, marine, coastal and river environment.

We are looking for someone to strengthen our Digital Water Solutions team to work on our exciting projects, both national and international, and help grow our business.

Your role

Engineers increasingly rely on software to solve today's challenging problems of water engineering. At IMDC, the Digital Water Solutions team is responsible for building and maintaining the software tools used by hydraulic engineers to provide insights and assistance with these tasks. Typical tools we make are forecasting systems, visualization tools, data processing jobs, machine learning models and web applications supporting water management in all its facets.

We work a lot with Python (Django, Django REST framework, Pandas, Numpy, ...), JavaScript (Vue, NPM, Node.js, ...), GitLab (DevOps, ...), GeoServer (raster and vector layers), PostgreSQL (postgis, ...), Kubernetes and Docker, ... and are continuously looking to improve and try out new technologies.

Your Profile

·      You are an engineer with a good understanding for one (or more) of the following water-related topics: hydrology, hydraulics, groundwater, water marine construction, dredging and an affinity with software development.

·      You have at least three years of experience in the water engineering sector.

·      You have a good grasp of programming essentials assisting with development of software (python, JavaScript)

·      You have strong analytical skills helping you to understand the needs of the client and translate them into concrete software functionalities. You also have a basic understanding of the software development process and understand if and what type of functionalities are difficult or easy to implement.

·      You have good communication skills and you are a team player.

·      You are interested in project management and having a commercial awareness to find new projects would be a plus.

·      Being acquainted with the SCRUM methodology and working in sprints is also a plus.

What we offer

·      A challenging and varied job where initiative is appreciated.

·      A dynamic working environment where professional development is encouraged.

·      A permanent technical education and training to keep your knowledge up to date.

·      An awesome team to work in!

·      A range of challenging (inter)national projects.

·      Staff development to keep your knowledge up to date.

·      An attractive salary and a range of non-statutory (fringe) benefits.

Are you our next expert in Water?

Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you interested in joining IMDC? Please do not hesitate and send your CV and cover letter to jo...@imdc.be. Your application will be treated with the most discretion.

More information can be found here: Digital Water Engineer (ref. 175) | IMDC

Best regards

Jon Kemp

Van Immerseelstraat 66
B-2018 Antwerp, Belgium