JMSE (IF: 2.744) Special Issue Announcement: "Recent Developments in Coastal Transport and Mixing Processes"

David Cannon

Mar 23, 2023, 11:38:23 AM3/23/23
to coastal_list
Hello Colleagues,

JMSE was released in 2013, so this year marks the journal’s 10th anniversary. To celebrate this milestone, we kindly invite you to contribute your research to the Special Issue “Recent Developments in Coastal Transport and Mixing Processes”.
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/jmse/special_issues/2890I42707

Coastal transport and turbulent mixing play a critical role in modulating ecologically important biogeochemical processes (e.g., nutrient cycles, gas exchange and primary production), and understanding the hydrodynamic characteristics of energetic coastal systems is vital for both model development and coastal management. The purpose of this Special Issue is to publish novel research on these subjects, providing rapid turn-around times for the accelerated dissemination of research to a broad audience of scientists, teachers, and engineers. We encourage high-quality submissions that cover all topics in coastal transport and mixing in large lakes, oceans, and estuaries, including observational techniques, case studies, process descriptions, biophysical interactions, sediment transport, advances in modelling, and changes associated with climate warming, among others.

If you plan to publish your paper in this Special Issue, please provide us with a potential title and abstract (if possible). The deadline for manuscript submissions is 25 September 2023

We look forward to future collaborations!

Best regards,
Dr. David Cannon