Job Opening: Project Managers (2)
Cooperative Institute for Great Lakes Research
School for Environment and Sustainability
University of Michigan
The Cooperative Institute for Great Lakes Research (CIGLR) is seeking two (2) project managers who will support a research portfolio related to (a) ecosystem dynamics or (b) modeling and forecasting in the Great Lakes. Specifically, you will provide support in the coordination, planning, management, and execution of research projects being conducted in a research group composed of multiple principal investigators and research support staff. You will be responsible for developing a coordinated planning and management strategy to ensure that milestones are met and deliverables are achieved. You will interface with research and administrative staff at CIGLR, the NOAA Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory (GLERL), and our partnering organizations to coordinate interactions between large teams, prepare and track project documents and plans, facilitate meetings and workshops, prepare project reports and publications, track progress toward milestones, and manage project resources (e.g., financial, personnel). Project analysis and support includes, but is not limited to, participation in the development of schedules and milestones, reporting on project results via written documents and presentations, tracking expenses and budgets, definition of deliverables, transition planning, scheduling and leading meetings and workshops, and coordination among partners.
Your appointment will be with CIGLR, which is part of the University of Michigan's School for Environment and Sustainability located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. CIGLR is a collaboration between the University of Michigan and NOAA that brings together experts from academia and government research labs to work on pressing problems facing the Great Lakes region. You will spend the majority of your time at NOAA?s Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory (GLERL) in Ann Arbor and will collaborate closely with colleagues at CIGLR, GLERL, SEAS and other Great Lakes partners.
Term Appointment: This position will be a 1-year, full-time term limited appointment with the possibility of renewal.
- This position is open only to US Citizens or permanent residents due to federal security clearance required for access to NOAA GLERL facilities and resources.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of two (2) years of related experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in project management and/or research coordination with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects to completion.
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a complex environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills to support collaboration, prioritization, and successful completion of research projects.
- Background in the natural sciences, preferably related to environmental science, aquatic biology/ecology, water resources, or related fields.
- Understands and values diversity and the importance of inclusion as demonstrated through a commitment to apply and incorporate the differences, complexities, and opportunities that diversity brings to an organization.
For more information and to apply:
The application deadline is 10/21/2023.