Postdoc in Environmental Fluid Mechanics at NUS

Jiarui Lei (Gary Lei)

Mar 19, 2023, 9:30:11 AM3/19/23
to coastal_list
Dear Coastal List,

We are advertising for a Research Fellow in Environmental Fluid Mechanics (Nature-based Solutions to Coastal Protection).

Singapore has launched a $125 million coastal research program. The program will consist of multiple research areas, including 1) developing sustainable coastal protection solutions, 2) integrating the use of nature-based solutions into coastal defense, and 3) smart management solutions, such as through the use of artificial intelligence. The research fellow has the flexibility to choose the research project from the abovementioned topics.

The research fellow will work with Assistant Professor Gary Lei from Civil and Environmental Engineering at NUS. Ideally, we are interested in candidates with a track record of high-impact peer-reviewed journal publications related to the abovementioned topics and demonstrating prior experience with laboratory experiments and numerical modeling.

We have a world-class hydraulic laboratory as well as competitive salaries. The base salary (after tax) ranges from SGD 5,500 to SGD 7,500 / month.

Full application details are here: https://careers.nus.edu.sg/job-invite/19574/
The PI's website is here: https://www.garylei.com/