Multiple PhD/Master Student Openings at Rutgers University

Ruo-Qian Wang (Roger)

Jul 22, 2023, 5:35:05 PM7/22/23
to coastal_list

🌊 Join Our Dynamic Research Team - Multiple PhD/Master Students Wanted! 📢

Are you enthusiastic about environmental science and eager to explore the fascinating interplay between human activities and the environment? The WHIRLab, a cutting-edge research laboratory in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, is now recruiting talented and passionate PhD/Master students to contribute to our exciting ongoing projects and embark on three new research ventures. The projects will be related to tidal and Wave Energy Resources, Water Quality and Multiphase Flow Modeling to support Advanced Sensor Development, and understanding Ice Melting.

Qualification Requirements:

Priority will be given to candidates with a background in environmental fluid mechanics, numerical modeling, data analytics, and civil and environmental engineering. Motivated applicants with programming skills in Python, C++, or MATLAB and/or modeling experience with coastal hydrodynamics and transport are highly encouraged. Strong communication skills, especially experience in scientific writing and presentation, are demanded.

At the WHIRLab, we take pride in our diverse range of ongoing research initiatives, including exploring 5G's influence on weather forecasting, using 5G and optical fiber sensing for urban weather monitoring, designing hydrokinetic turbines, studying offshore wind farms' impact on fishery, and employing remote sensing for methane and offshore wind energy assessments.

Join a team of passionate researchers who collaborate at the forefront of environmental science and cutting-edge technologies. Expand your skills, contribute to real-world solutions, and forge connections with industry partners and leading academics in the field. Visit our website at whirlab.onrender.com to learn more about our ongoing projects and the Whirlab's vibrant research community.

Ready to embark on this thrilling academic journey? Apply now and seize the opportunity to make a significant impact on our understanding of the natural world and its interaction with human activities. Join the Whirlab today!

For consideration, please contact Prof. Roger Wang (rq....@rutgers.edu) with your resume. The preferred starting dates will be Fall 2023 or Spring 2024.