Cefas (UK) job opening - Coastal Ocean Numerical Modeller

Jon Rees

May 15, 2024, 8:09:07 PMMay 15
to coasta...@udel.edu

Coastal Ocean Modeller - Civil Service Jobs - GOV.UK

The successful applicant for this post will be involved in a range of modelling activities relevant to ocean and coastal processes, delivering quantitative applied marine science for a range of national and international customers. Examples include linking catchments to coastal water quality and pollution dispersal or considering coastal resilience to future wave climates and sea level rise. You will use modelling to help improve our understanding of the relative importance of human and climate impacts on marine ecosystems. To address these issues, you will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team, including oceanographers, biogeochemists, marine ecologists, and fisheries scientists, so strong communication and inter-personal skills are essential.

This role provides an exciting opportunity to learn and develop within a team of experienced hydrodynamic and biogeochemical modellers. We are seeking an enthusiastic and adaptable person, with a good knowledge of numerical modelling, including programming languages and large data analysis methods. You will also have a desire to expand your knowledge of modelling techniques and broader marine science applications.