AGU Session OS009: Biogeochemical Processes in the Coastal Ocean

Jean-Philippe Belliard

Jul 1, 2024, 6:16:18 PMJul 1
to coastal_list
Dear colleagues,

Apologies for cross-posting.

We would like to draw your attention to our session at this year's AGU fall meeting to be held in Washington, D.C. (USA) from 09 to 13 December.

Session title: OS009 - Biogeochemical Processes in the Coastal Ocean
Session ID: 22614
Session Link: https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/226144
Session section:
Ocean Sciences
Session abstract:
The coastal ocean comprises diverse and dynamic shallow coastal ecosystems that are characterized by the interplay of processes driven by physical, biological and chemical oceanography, ecology and geomorphology. To gain insight from research fields related to these disciplines, and synthesize recent progress in science, we invite studies that focus on biogeochemical processes in shallow coastal ecosystems using diverse approaches. From subtidal (e.g., seagrass meadows, kelp forests, coral reefs) to intertidal ecosystems (e.g., saltmarshes, mangrove forests), we want to use this session to bring together diverse methodologies (e.g., numerical modeling, remote sensing, field observations, laboratory experiments) that advance our understanding of the complex processes occurring in shallow coastal regions. We strongly encourage studies investigating the impacts of climate change or other human-induced environmental changes and management strategies in shallow coastal ecosystems.

This session might be also of interest for those working on estuarine and coastal processes. Therefore, we hope you consider submitting an abstract and attending the conference. Abstracts deadline is Wednesday, 31 July 2024.

For more information on the conference and abstract submission, visit: https://www.agu.org/annual-meeting

Sincerely,

Jean-Philippe Belliard (Convener)
University of Antwerp
Olivier Gourgue (Primary Convener)
Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences
Judith Rosentreter (Convener)
Centre for Coastal Biogeochemistry - Southern Cross University
Raymond Najjar (Convener)
The Pennsylvania State University
Dante M. L. Horemans (Convener)
Virginia Institute of Marine Science