AGU24 session PP028: Quaternary Sea Level: Chronologic and Stratigraphic Approaches to Mapping Changes and Cycles Across Space and Time

Silas Dean

Jun 24, 2024, 11:43:15 AM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to coasta...@udel.edu
Dear colleagues:

We invite anyone doing research on past quaternary sea levels to submit an abstract to our AGU2024 Session, titled Quaternary Sea Level: Chronologic and Stratigraphic Approaches to Mapping Changes and Cycles Across Space and Time. We look forward to seeing you in Washington DC this December. Here is the link to submit an abstract by July 31st: https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/227404
Please email Dr. Silas Dean silas...@unive.it with any questions.

Session description:
Quaternary climate cycles are accompanied by significant changes in sea level that have profoundly shaped environments on the coast, coastal plain, and shelf. Some of the same drivers also affect spatial variability in modern sea-level rise. Investigating the timing and magnitude of past sea levels provides valuable information on the Earth’s response to modern and future changes. We invite abstracts exploring the range of observational and geochronological approaches to identify the magnitude and timing of past sea-level changes, as well as studies combining these empirical field and laboratory methods with modelling techniques. Studies of sea-level change from across the Quaternary—at scales from annual and centennial to glacial-interglacial—are invited. This session is organized as part of the WARMCOASTS project, which has received funding from the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (grant agreement no. 802414), and IGCP Project 725: Forecasting Coastal Change.

Sincerely,
    Silas Dean
        University of Venice
    Kayla Cahoon
        Virginia Institute of Marine Science
    Robert K Poirier
        U.S. Geological Survey
    Christopher J Hein
        Virginia Institute of Marine Science

Dr. Silas Dean
Postdoctoral Researcher
DAIS - Department of Environmental Science, Informatics, and Statistics
University of Venice Ca' Foscari
Urgent contact via Whatsapp