Graduate Student Volunteers Needed for McNair Program Panel ("What Graduate School is Really Like")

Daly, Meagan

Apr 30, 2024, 5:45:20 PMApr 30
Dear UC San Diego Graduate Students,

As the Coordinator of the McNair Program at UC San Diego, I’m looking for 4 or 5 graduate students in a range of disciplines to serve as panelists at our Graduate Student Panel on Monday, May 6th (4:00 – 5:30 pm in Student Center B).  The panelists will discuss the graduate school application process, their decision about where to enroll, and their experiences as graduate students.  Most of our McNair Scholars will apply for admission to graduate degree programs; for many of them, this panel will be their first opportunity to hear about what graduate school is really like.  If you are interested in participating as a panelist, please contact me, Thomas K. Brown, at tkb...@ucsd.edu

In case you are not familiar with the McNair Program, it is a federally funded program that provides low-income, first-generation undergraduate students and students from groups underrepresented in graduate education with effective preparation for doctoral study. Students in the Program participate in faculty-mentored research in the winter and spring (through the Faculty Mentor Program) and during the 8-week Summer Research Program.

The graduate student panel will be held Monday, May 6th from 4:00 – 5:30 in the Large Conference Room on the upper floor Old Student Center B (located near the Art of Espresso café and Mandeville Auditorium).  Any interested graduate students should contact me at tkb...@ucsd.edu

I hope you can participate.

Kind Regards,

Thomas K. Brown, PhD

McNair Program Coordinator

Undergraduate Research Hub

Student Retention & Success | UC San Diego

858.534.2937 | tkb...@ucsd.edu | urh.ucsd.edu

Schedule an appointment with Dr. Brown:  https://calendly.com/tkbrown/15min

Follow URH:  Facebook  | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn