Graduate Student Well Being Survey

Spall, Valeria

Jan 19, 2024, 7:21:05 PMJan 19

Dear Students,

Please see information below regarding the Graduate Student Well Being Survey. If you have any questions, please reach out to Tyler Jang, tjan...@ucr.edu.

Best,

Biology Graduate Program

Greetings,

We are interested in distributing a survey to graduate students in your department inquiring about their experiences as a student as well as their health and well-being. We are assessing the mental health and well-being of graduate and professional students across the entire UC system. We ask if you can either let us send emails out to invite students to participate in our survey, or if you can send the emails out on our behalf. This survey will help assess areas that contribute to worse student health and well-being. For example, we examine the prevalence of depression and food insecurity in the graduate and professional student population. We provide a list of some example questions from our survey for your knowledge:

“Have you received mental health care such as seeing a counselor or psychiatrist, over the past twelve months?”

“Do you have any conditions or disabilities that significantly affect your experience as a student, including how you learn or perform academically, interact with others, or access the campus?”

Our study has approval from the UC Riverside Institutional Review Board (HS 23-059). Please see the attached flyer for more info.

Please respond if you have any questions.

Flyer.png

Sincerely,

Tyler Jang

She/Her

PhD Student

UC Riverside Department of Genetics, Genomics, and Bioinformatics

tjan...@ucr.edu

Valeria Spall

Ph.D. Program Coordinator

School of Biological Sciences, UC San Diego

1130E Pacific Hall

La Jolla, CA 92093

Teams: Chat, Call | E: vsp...@ucsd.edu

Onsite: Wed. / Thur. - 7:30 am – 4 pm

Remote:  Mon. / Tues. / Fri. - 7:30 am – 4 pm

email signature