CoNNexINS Symposium 2024 - Apply by 4/1/2024

Zaporozhets, Valeria

Feb 21, 2024, 5:28:06 PMFeb 21

Dear Students,

Please see the details below regarding CoNNexINS Symposium 2024. If you have any questions, please reach out to neuroscienc...@nyulangone.org

Best,

Biology Graduate Program

New York University is proud to announce the 4th annual CoNNexINS symposium!

CoNNExINS (Colloquium at NYU for Networking: Extramural for Invited Neuroscience Students) is a new symposium giving advanced graduate students the opportunity to give formal seminars to the NYU Neuroscience Community. The experience will be a valuable opportunity to share their research and receive feedback from NYU faculty, postdocs, and students while connecting with potential laboratories for a postdoctoral position. Our goal through this series is to increase diversity in our postdoctoral trainee group through the active recruitment of those who belong to underrepresented minority groups. Looking forward, we believe new postdocs will benefit from our unique training environment that provides a collaborative research environment, a diverse and collegial community, and a commitment to long-term career development and mentorship.

All advanced graduate students, including those from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds, are encouraged to apply. NYU will pay speakers an honorarium and cover all travel expenses. We are once again expecting to host this year’s symposium in-person

Website for more information:

https://wp.nyu.edu/connexins/

CoNNExINS 2024 Symposium Dates:

June 13-14, 2024

Application link:

https://nyumc.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8dZAOGZH9Sefiaq

Application requirements:

250 word abstract

250 word career plan

250 word statement on DEIB (optional)

2 page CV

1 brief letter of recommendation

Application Deadline: April 1, 2024

On behalf of the CoNNExINS organizing committee,

Cristina Savin

Dr. Cristina Savin

Assist. professor in Neural Science and Data Science
Director of Graduate Studies and Admissions for PhD in the Center for Data Science
New York University

This event is organized by The Neuroscience Institute Committee on Diversity and Inclusion, and the Center for Neural Science Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, in collaboration with the NIH-funded DeNDriTeS program at NYU. https://wp.nyu.edu/connexins/contact/Email us at: neuroscienc...@nyulangone.org

Connexins_Flyer_2024_.pdf