GET INVOLVED: Opportunities to work on climate solutions, address college affordability, and more!

PSYCFWD

Jan 5, 2022, 12:46:07 PM1/5/22
to PSYCFWD

CALPIRG Students is a student organization at UCSC that works to protect the environment, make college more affordable, and promote civic engagement. Last Fall we helped nearly 10,000 students register to vote in California and got the UCs to release new policy to phase out single-use plastics to protect our oceans! Sign our petition to fight plastic pollution and check off Volunteering/Internships/Careers to get involved.

Untitled.png

Now we’re working to tackle plastic pollution. From single-use plastic packaging, to foam takeout containers, so much plastic ends up in our environment harming wildlife and polluting our parks and communities for hundreds of years. That’s why we’re calling on state legislators to act on reducing plastic pollution by 75%!

As a volunteer or leader with CALPIRG you can:

  • Work with the media and help organize beach or park press conferences with marine experts and elected officials

  • Increase voting accessibility and voter turnout in elections

  • Get city and county officials to make plans for 100% clean energy transportation

  • Advocate for increase Pell Grant funding for students and free, open textbooks at the UCs

  • And more!

Learn skills, build your resume, and work with issues that matter. Get involved today.

CONTACT: Vera Zheng, vez...@ucsc.edu